Friends of St Philip's
All parents are automatically members of the Friends of St Philip’s.
The aims of the association are:
- to promote co-operation between parents, school staff and pupils in matters pertaining to the well-being of the school.
- to afford opportunities for study and discussion of matters relating to the education and welfare of the children.
- to offer assistance and support to school staff in all school activities, where applicable.
- to raise funds for the use of the school.
The Friends have raised very substantial sums of money over the year which have contributed substantially to the resources we offer the children, and fun experiences in and out of school. If you would like to find out more please contact the Friends via the school office. The committee meet at least once a term. The next Annual General Meeting will be held in September.
Events are held regularly and your support for these really does make a difference.
Chair: Mrs P Holiday
Secretary: Mrs P Brown Treasurer: Mrs J McKie President: Mrs V Douglass
The Friends helps the school organise various events throughout the year including:
- School Discos
- Christmas Fayre
- St Philip’s Fun Day
- Book Fair
- Easter Competitions
- Refreshments for school events